Why B&C Self Storage?
First, why do you need a self storage unit?
- the need for a self storage unit is to help ease your life! Get one for the months away from campus or get one because you need to de-clutter your home/business
Now, why should you choose B&C Self Storage? Here a few reasons why you should rent from us:
- We are a professional self storage business that works to help you, our customer, feel comfortable with leaving your items with us
- Our storage units provide the best space for a variety of items. We offer a range of storage sizes and options to better accommodate your items.
- Security! Our units have surveillance cameras on daily to provide to utmost security for your valuables.
- Locations! We offer 10 locations throughout Upstate New York!
- FIRST MONTH IS FREE! How can you deny a free first month?
- Easily rent the space online!
- There is no annual contract, you pay for the months you need!
After all these reasons, how could you not rent with B&C Self Storage? We will provide you a stress-free and efficient storage experience!
Start here: http://www.bcselfstorage.com/
Storage for your Business!
If you have a small business; it doesn’t always mean you have the space to hold all your items. This is when storage units come in to help you organize your business space!
Here are a few examples of some businesses that could use self storage units:
1. Catering Business: store your van and cooking tools so that you won’t have to clutter your home
2. Overcrowded offices: Is your office space too small? Get a storage unit to help store old files instead of taking up space that is needed for your current files. A growing company needs space for new files on growing ventures!
3. Formal Online Distributors: If you’re selling your products online, you would need space to hold your inventory. A storage unit can hold all your inventory to help provide a more space at home! Your home office can now provide a more comfortable area for you to work in.
4. Informal Online Distributors: If you do not have your own website but an eBay or Amazon selling account, you can still use the storage units to hold all your inventory!
Regardless of whatever business you own/run, B&C Self Storage can help you organize and be as efficient as you need!
Packing your things for storage!
Now that you rented your storage space, how will you pack everything? Here are a list of supplies you will need to ensure your items are packed in the best way possible.
1. Get boxes, any size
- make sure they are not too old that they would deteriorate while stored for a duration of time.
- at B&C Self Storage, we offer a variety of boxes in sizes. In addition, there are boxes made specifically for specific items to store, such as cups and plates.
2. If you are packing fragile items, do not forget BUBBLE WRAP!
- the bubble wrap will act as a cushion for your items in case anyone or anything knocks against the box or if your box falls.
3. Tape, clear packing tape is recommended
- I would not recommend using duct tape if you plan on reusing your boxes for future storage needs
4. Floor mats
- floor mats can help provide extra protection from water and other unwanted moisture from damaging your stored items
5. Inventory Racks
- These racks can help organize your storage unit. So the next time you want to take something from your storage space, everything will be organized and ready for you to take.
Do not worry if you do not have these supplies! You can purchase any of these supplies at the B&C Self Storage location!
Concerned Over Space?
Most people are often concerned about the availability of space when renting a storage unit. Did you know that storage spaces could be big enough to fit a car?
The storage units at B&C self storage offer a variety of room sizes to fit any motor vehicles you need to put away. The oversized doors can accommodate many sizes of RVs and boats. Think about putting your summer RV or your boats away during the winter and take them back out when its summer again!
This capability will allow you to have more space in your parking lot! Get more space with B&C Self Storage!
Climate Controlled Storage Units
One of the benefits renting with B&C Self Storage is the option to have a climate-controlled space. This allows your items to not be affected by the temperatures, both cold and warm.
The floors will also be sealed with epoxy paint to eliminate any concrete dust and provide a barrier from vapor seeping through. Overall, the construction of these rooms will prevent moisture from damaging your items in the climate-controlled storage space.
In addition to all the protection from the changing climate, surveillance cameras will also monitor your items.
All of these benefits with the climate-controlled storage space will help put your mind at ease when you leave your valuables with B&C Self Storage.
What to put in your Storage Unit?
Now that you got your self storage unit, you want to know what you can put in it. The answer is clear: anything legal. There are many different perspectives on how to use your storage unit. Here are just a few examples of how to use the space…
1. Seasonal Use: During the summer time, pack your winter items away! No need to have your snowmobile, winter coats, boots or winter sports gear laying around the house.
2. Antique: Have you ever watched the show Storage Wars? The unit can be used to store anything you believe has high value that doesn’t belong in your house decor.
3. Post Holiday: Put your decorations away! Bring your Christmas, Easter, July 4th, and etc holiday decorations to the unit and have it preserved and ready for the next year!
4. Excess: Anything you need for later and not now! The storage unit isn’t going anywhere and will be accessible for as many times as you desire!
These are just a few suggestions on how you could use your storage unit! If you have any other ideas, feel free to reply and reblog!
If you haven’t reserved a storage unit, RESERVE ONLINE NOW!
Self Storage Industry 2012
I bet you are curious how the storage industry is going to look like in 2012. There is no exact prediction to any business but there are experts that can hypothesize.
If you would like see what these self storage experts have to say check this out. Experts are from around the industry and from all size storage companies. It is a great summary of outlooks for the 2012 year concerning the storage industry.
Owning to Renting
If you are going from owning to renting, self storage can be the answer.
Most of the time, when you are going from owning a large house to renting an apartment or smaller house, you can run out of room for a lot of items you previously could display.
Self Storage can be one of the best temporary fixes you have for keeping your items safe. Rather then leaving all of your valuable belongings in your mother’s garage, wouldn’t you have a calmer sense of mind knowing that your items are safe under 24/7 security?
It is also important to consider climate controlled storage for those items that are temperature sensitive, such as electronics and musical instruments. These types of items need to stay in climate that is not 20 below zero or exceeding 100 degrees.
Next time you find yourself going from owning to renting, consider self storage.
The Story of B&C Storage
I’ve been posting a lot of educational and informative posts that I decide today to take a different approach. I want to share the story of B&C storage with you…
I was introduced to the storage industry via the storage software business back in the 90s by one of my closest friends.
In 1999 we decided to open two storage facilities known as West Side Storage in Camillus and Marcellus. I wanted to solely focus on the storage industry, so I decided to leave the software company and start the company B&C Self Storage.
In 2006 I wanted to pursue a larger scale operation and soon after the company began expanding rapidly….To find out how many storage facilities I expanded to click here
Our new website redesign!
We have recently redesigned our website and I wanted to share some of our new features with you. The biggest change to our website is the redesign of our homepage. We have also added new a brand new FAQ section and gave a small facelift to some other additional pages.
- Our homepage now features a streamlined user friendly navigation
- We have also adapted a new layout for the page
- All ten of our location pages have received a facelift with an easier to use reservation system
- Our About Us page has been updated as well with new content
- An FAQ webpage has been added to highlight a lot of our current and previous customer’s frequently asked questions
Please feel free to share your feedback on our current changes!
(Below is a preview from our homepage)