Keeping your electronics safe in storage
We will continue our conversation from Monday about storing electronics. There are a few key things you need to keep in mind when thinking about storing electronics.
- Do not wrap electronics in plastic wrap for long periods of time. They could have the potential for accumulating moisture
- Keep your equipment off the floor. Try and use boards or pallets to keep the equipment off of the floor
- If it possible place the equipment back in their original packaging
These are just some short and sweet tips to keep your electronics safe while they are in storage.
Storing your electronics
Do you have a lot of electronics you don’t use but are not quite ready to part with? Self storage might be the answer.
Lots of consumers these days are on electronics overload. With the need to “upgrade” your phone every year or two and the desire to have the latest and greatest tablet, has left the consumer with a lot of excess electronics.
This constant necessity to upgrade bombardment left you (the consumer) with one thing: a lot of electronics you may not use. Storing these items could be taking up valuable space with in the walls of your home or garage.
You also could be storing them incorrectly. Here are a couple of tips you may want to consider about storing electronics:
- You will want a storage unit that has the option for climate controlled units. This is crucial so your electronics will continue to work when you take them out of store.
- You will also want to be aware of moisture control. Try and avoid underground storage units.
Stay tuned for Friday’s post on The Safety of Storing Electronics